Greg Writer, founder and CEO of the Angel Network. Greg has over 31 years experience in corporate finance, capital formation.
At 21, he was the youngest owner / operator of a full service investment banking firm in the history of the US — directly involved in over $100 million in financings, IPO’s and acquisitions for early stage companies.
In this interview we discuss how he responds to entrepreneurs, business plans and investor presentations — how entrepreneurs demonstrate commitment to their business (“I’m committed…” isn’t enough!)
- What he sees as the priorities for financing a business these days
- What are the first 3 things you want to know about a business?
- What is it about the entrepreneur him/herself that is important?
- How do I grab your interest with my “elevator” pitch?
- What do you look for in a business plan?
- What kind of returns can I/should I provide/offer an investors?
- What type of investors do I need or should I look for?
- Where can I find investors?
- Valuation what is and what is an easy way to understand how investors look at this.
- What is the most common mistake Entrepreneur makes, that is like shooting themselves in the head with potential check writers. Real deal killers!
- Biggest causes of failure and what to do about them.
- What are we missing success-wise, that we should be including?