Like you, I get a ton of emails… every day!
Some are easy to read and others are just painful to look at
I’ve noticed something possibly useful when it comes to email message formatting…
Presuming the subject line compelled you to open it in the first place!
(Here goes — I’ll just demonstrate it right here in this blog…)
The idea is to quickly communicate your message.
Sometimes a big long paragraph just looks daunting to read.
What if you started each idea / sentence on a new line?
Perhaps add a line space to give each string of thoughts some room.
Even use bold and italics for emphasis and make your email interesting.
You can even use bullets:
- To list specific examples
- Or just separate other ideas
Sometimes I start a new thought with a bold headline
If you use a numbered list, most people will feel compelled to read all of them.
- Ok, that’s my first big idea today.
- Next up are thoughts on pitching your vision
- Then a useful Harvard Biz School article on dealing with liars
- Finally, I have a request… Tell me what you think!
Imagine sending emails that look and read like this?!?
I think it’s better
than those hard
to read, very
I think these guys must have tested these narrow gauge columns,
but I immediately recognize now them as some kind of sales pitch of dubious quality.
Better, I think to send an honest [looking] message…
I’d love to hear / see your ideas for better emails.
Consider all aspects of your marketing before spending money!
Picks up where BizPlanBuilder leaves off…
Marketing Builder provides everything to refine your marketing strategy, prioritize projects to save cash, win customers, and build profits.
It manages a collection of business marketing plan templates that you can edit using Word.
Step-by-step instructions, samples, and 80+ templates help you get the best results from your marketing investment.
Includes 33 customizable decision support calculators in Excel® to analyze options, substantiate promotions and measure results.
Marketing Builder Strategic Marketing Plan Software:
- Easily create and measure your marketing programs and projects.
- 80+ proven marketing planning templates easily edited using Word
- 30+ Excel templates for planning, analysis & measurement
- Handbook of Business Marketing user manual PDF