11 Tips for How to Be Liked by Investors
Dr. Sarah McCue shares her Insights on Having Investors Like You
I’m talking with Dr. Sarah McCue, a well-known advocate for the innovative use of information and communication technologies in developing countries, Dr. Sarah McCue is author of several technical books and social entrepreneur. She is founder of BluWorld, launched in collaboration with Google and Cisco Foundation to provide opportunities to youth in developing countries; co-founder of The Remembering Site, a memoir-writing platform to write and preserve the stories of our elders; and is founder of Women with 2020 Vision to empower women through online mentoring.
She has served the United Nations as manager of the United Nations Development Program Information and Communications Technology for Development practice; Panel of Advisers to the United Nations Global Alliance for Technology and Development; World Bank senior partnership adviser for the technology industry; senior adviser to the United Nations International Trade Centre as well as consultant to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, United Nations Industrial Development Organization, World Bank Development Gateway Foundation and advisory board member for United Nations Fund for Women New York chapter. She serves on the Board of Directors of several emerging firms and organizations to bring innovative and transformative technology and opportunities to underserved regions, and is currently chairperson of A Nobel Campaign to encourage awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to the founders of the Internet.
- See the goal as getting investors to first LIKE you then fund you
- Be personally attractive to investors — not your appearance but your passion, intelligence, confidence and commitment, professionalism and poise
- Be relevant and remembered — show who you are in one minute or less
- Be gracious — promote yourself and your team
- Handle criticism — one of the most important aspects of getting investors to LIKE you
- Be coachable
- Handle suggestions, ideas, question and criticism from investors without losing your cool or the deal
- The art of responding to tough questions
- Avoid “Yes, but”
- Saving yourselves from derailment — getting yourself or a colleague out of a perilous path
- Following up without being desperate
- Be authentic
Click here to learn more about my guest today: Dr. Sarah McCue
Learn more about BizPlanBuilder business plan software & templates
Write a professional business plan for your project quickly and efficiently. Organized system of sample business plan templates in Microsoft® Word, flexible Excel financial models, PowerPoint presentation template — can be downloaded as a Windows app or you can subscribe online. It’s the fastest and easiest way of turning your ideas into a investment-grade business plan and a successful business. Proven with banks, SBA, angel investors, and venture capitalists worldwide. 25+ years refinement. Professionally formatted. Windows / Macintosh.
– Subscribe to BizPlanBuilder cloud-based business plan online
– Download the BizPlanBuilder Windows app business plan software & templates
Be featured on the Business Black Belt radio show!
How would you like to be a featured guest speaker on our radio show? The show will feature you and your business. You’ll be able to share the interview with all your current and future clients and a copy of the interview will be sent to you so that you can upload to your website, blog, citation sites and more.
We’d love to hear your business successes and challenges and share them with our listeners. Just follow this link and tell us a few things about your story. You may also be chosen to be featured in our new book too and add even more marketing horsepower to your business.
Go here to tell us…