Your business is nobody else’s business!
Collection & Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Business Power Tools may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you create an Business Power Tools ID, register your products, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class at an Business Power Tools Retail Store, or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Business Power Tools products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to join you on Business Power Tools forums, Business Power Tools may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Business Power Tools’ latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Business Power Tools, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Business Power Tools’ products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstakes, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection & Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an Business Power Tools product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
We understand how important this information is to you. We are committed to keeping it strictly confidential. Your privacy is not for sale. We will never sell, rent, or otherwise abuse the private information you have trusted us with.
You understand that by entering your name and email address on the entry page that you are:
- Subscribing to a free, no obligation email newsletter.
- This newsletter is offered as a free service by Business Power Tools and/or JIAN Tools for Sales, Inc. and no purchase is necessary.
- On occasion, subscribers have had trouble removing themselves from this free newsletter. If you have trouble subscribing or removing, you may contact us here for personal attention.
- BY ENTERING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WISH TO BE SUBSCRIBED TO THIS NEWSLETTER, AND THAT YOU WILL MAKE NO THREATS, AND TAKE NO ADDITIONAL ACTION AGAINST Business Power Tools and/or JIAN Tools for Sales, Inc. or Burke Franklin IN THE EVENT YOU ARE UNHAPPY THAT YOU SUBSCRIBED OR ARE NOT ABLE TO REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THIS FREE MAILING LIST.
- You agree that the small inconvenience of receiving this unwanted newsletter will cause you no personal, emotional, or financial harm whatsoever.
- You agree that you have opted-in to receive our newsletter by providing your first name and email address on our website. If you do not wish to receive our newsletter, simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter. If you need further assistance, please Click Here to Contact Use or write to us at:
JIAN Tools For Sales, Inc., (dba: Business Power Tools) 1221 State St., Suite 12-90624, Santa Barbara, CA 93101 USA
Your business plans and other projects are safe & secure with us
You can relax knowing that any business plans you create or business ideas you describe in BizPlanBuilder are completely secure and confidential. If you want us to look into a plan or project, give us your username and password and we can access your plan or project to help you. Click for more details about our cloud provider and system security here.
Cookies & Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the FireFox web browser, pull-down under “Tools” and then to the “General” panel to manage cookies. If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the Safari web browser, go to Safari preferences and then to the privacy panel to disable cookies. On your Business Power Tools mobile device, go to Settings, then Safari, and then to the Cookies section. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Business Power Tools website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Business Power Tools may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Business Power Tools website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Business Power Tools may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Business Power Tools to provide products and services, or that help Business Power Tools market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your application or online program, you authorize Business Power Tools and its web hosting service(s) to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service.
Personal information will only be shared by Business Power Tools to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Business Power Tools shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Business Power Tools operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Business Power Tools to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Business Power Tools takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Business Power Tools online services such as the Business Power Tools Online Store and Masterkey.BusinessPowerTools.com use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some Business Power Tools products, services, or applications or post on an Business Power Tools forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity & Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account: Log-In to My Account. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Business Power Tools is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the regional Privacy Contact Form.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
To provide location-based services on Business Power Tools products, Business Power Tools and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Business Power Tools computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Business Power Tools and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Some location-based services offered by Business Power Tools, such as the “Expert Referral Network” feature, require your personal information for the feature to work (ex. Find an expert within  miles).
3rd-Party Sites & Services
Business Power Tools websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party app like phpMyDirectory. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Company-wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Business Power Tools employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
JIAN Tools For Sales, Inc., (dba: Business Power Tools) 1221 State St., Suite 12-90624, Santa Barbara, CA 93101 USA