Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and email marketing software are two of the most important tools that entrepreneurs and small business owners can use to boost sales, reach new and prospective customers, improve service, and increase profitability.
CRM software comes in many shapes and sizes, from on-premise, to on-demand, and everything in between. Typically, on-demand software is the most cost-effective solution for a small business as it is priced on a per user basis. Rather than committing a large amount of capital up front, on-demand CRM programs allow a small business to scale its CRM costs as its business grows.
Similar to CRM software, there are many choices when it comes to email marketing. For small business owners and managers, the most popular choices today are email marketing programs that are delivered as Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”). Hosted by the email marketing provider, SasS is generally priced as a monthly fee based upon your number of email subscribers, plus – in some cases – a fee for each email sent. Again, a small business is able to align its costs in email marketing systems with its revenue growth.
So, how can CRM and email marketing software benefit a small business? There are dozens, but here are few notable benefits:
- Helps Keep Track Of Leads And Customers – A growing business has a large number of new leads, as well as current and past customers. Often, Excel and paper-based solutions are difficult to manage and it’s easy to let opportunities and contacts slip through the cracks. A CRM system allows the user to keep track of this information in an organized and proactive manner. Integrate your email marketing system for even better results.
- Convert Leads To Customers – A CRM system when used properly will help ensure that every lead is properly moved through the sales funnel. From first contact to the sale and beyond, a CRM system will optimize a business’ established sales processes. Most systems can be customized to fit the specific needs of a business.
- Build Customer Loyalty – The often-cited statistic is that it costs five times more to acquire a new customer than to retain an existing one. CRM and email marketing systems help to build loyalty by staying in constant contact with prospects, customers, and other key stakeholders.
- Keep Customers Up-To-Date For Top-Of-Mind Awareness – With many companies competing for the same customer, it is important that it is your company or your brand that has top-of-mind awareness. New offers and important news are two items that companies can use to generate more awareness and increase sales. CRM and email marketing done right will improve brand awareness by keeping customers updated when the information can be most valuable.
- Cross-Sell And Up-Sell – Every customer has the potential to buy more of the same product or buy another product you sell. CRM and email marketing solutions help to identify and act on cross-selling and up-selling opportunities to increase your revenues.
Has your company implemented a CRM and email marketing solution? If not, why not? The benefits to most companies far outweigh the costs. Do your research. Take each system for a test drive. Be sure to checkout how your business partners and competitors use these powerful sales and marketing tools. Then, after your decide which systems are right for you just get started. You won’t be sorry!
Are you using a CRM or Email Marketing Software? Share your tips and tricks with our blog visitors by leaving a comment below. Thanks!
CRM OVERVIEW VIDEO: JIAN SmallBizCRM (Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Software)