When you’re organizing, funding and building a non-profit, a real business plan is the right place to start!
You get one chance to grab investors’ interest and prove “why your product,” “why now” and “why from you.”
Here’s the software and templates you need to write a business plan to raise $5,000 – $50,000,000!
Over the past 25 years our customers have raised hundreds of millions of capital through angels, venture capitalists, investors, banks, the SBA and corporate management. The BizPlanBuilder business planning software template has proven itself as the go-to business planning system to develop and communicate your business concept to the people who can support you. It’s been refined through the experience of professional consultants and entrepreneurs who’ve used it successfully to develop effective strategies for financing their businesses.
If you need to raise donations right now, BizPlanBuilder is the most respected software system that writes a compelling strategic plan and funding proposal!
It’s got everything you need to organize your ideas and build a compelling case for the successful future of your organization:
- Fully scripted sample narrative sections, integrated financial pro forma worksheets, and investor presentation templates you can easily customize for a perfect fit to your organization
- Expert comments throughout, plus step-by-step video guidance make it easy
- Includes all the supporting documents you’ll need to raise capital!
Remember… The better job you do on your business plan the more donations you’ll get!
“BizPlanBuilder is our BEST BUY because it cuts through the complexity of developing a plan and helps you produce slick-looking results. Its exhaustive template walks you through the every step from cover letter to appendix, with plenty of samples… BizPlanBuilder also offers a better collection of financial tables, ratios, and projections than any competitor.”
~ Mike Hogan, PC World Magazine
The questions and advice included with BizPlanBuilder are, in our opinion, the best part of the program. We recommend BizPlanBuilder because it gets you thinking about what it takes to start and run a successful business. And with a price tag of $150, it costs a lot less than a consultant.
~ Jeff Dodd, Smart Computing
“People may laugh at your idea…
But wait until they read your business plan!”
You have an idea for a non-profit… Maybe it’s unconventional… Different… Perhaps a little complex… Maybe hard to explain… And you want agreement and support from others to make it happen…
You’re not alone. And we need more people like you to make a difference in our world!
This is why we created BizPlanBuilder — to simplify the creation of a compelling business plan into plain-English that anyone of any skill level can put into action now.
“Knowledge will not attract money, unless it is organized, and intelligently directed, through practical plans of action.”
~ Napoleon Hill, Think & Grow Rich
What BizPlanBuilder can do for you…
Everything you need to plan, develop and produce a comprehensive, strategic growth plan, financial model, and donor presentation for your organization is right here:
Our experts have taken the best of hundreds of business plans and synthesized them into the ultimate, hybrid business planning system for you to use — proven time and again for financing, grants and business growth.
BizPlanBuilder is perfect to…
- Organize your ideas, develop your organizational model and strategy
- Start a non-profit organization from a raw idea
- Raise donations from Angels, Crowdfunding, and Family & Friends
- Organize or reorganize your organization
- Get your people pulling in the same direction
- Convince management to approve project funding
- 24/7 secure access
- $7 / month – Includes All Updates
- Add Users for $4.77/month each
(You control role-based access to the entire package.)
“As former president of the Connecticut Chapter and active national director of the 8,000 member Turnaround Management Association, I’ve been using BizPlanBuilder in my successful consulting practice since our first conversation 15 years ago. It’s fantastic!”
~ Stephen A. Oster, The Oster Group, Inc., Greenwich, Connecticut
Give donors what they need to inspire giving!
BizPlanBuilder is the software template to help you write a grant proposal to raise the funds you need.
Send lawyers, guns and money, we’re sending these pygmies home!
$250,000 was funded through Rotary International and helped return the Twa people to their homeland…
“I started material recycling business and applied from a government grant. I got a grant for $146,000!”
~ Ormond Ormsby
“A 501(c)3 is a tax status,
not a management style!”
(You still need to run a business!)
Grant money comes much more easily with a clear and compelling business plan demonstrating service & sustainability.
Although your motivation may not be for money, you must still operate your organization like a business. BizPlanBuilder has proven successful for appealing to grant funders because it enables grant seekers to provide such a credible proposal.
Inspire donors to choose you!
With so many opportunities to give, donors and other funders are becoming more discerning. They want to be sure that your organization is as sustainable as possible.
Who uses BizPlanBuilder?
Before you produce a film,
you need a script.
Before you build a house,
you need blueprint.
Before you get the funding
to build your organization,
you need a business plan.
A great business plan…
And you can do it yourself
The modular and scalable business growth plan that grows with you!
BizPlanBuilder is for those who intend to raise capital for their own idea or business, whether seed, venture, private equity, strategic, or debt financing. It also doubles as a strategic planning tool for plotting your course and priorities for the future. It’s perfect for people who are, or aspire to be, founders of entrepreneurial ventures, CEOs of successful growing businesses, or consultants supporting business clients.
- For Entrepreneurs, Non-Profit Directors, and Consultants
- Lays a solid yet flexible foundation for continually building your organization
- YOU — Organizes & prioritizes your ideas into a logical & compelling presentation
- Saves time explaining and promoting your organization’s concept over & over again!
- Established Organizations — Update your annual strategic / operating plan
- Organize & coordinate all activities, incorporates SWOT analysis and budget — enables your team to contribute and execute
- Consultants / Coaches — Work with clients to organize & develop their full agenda
- Enables you to share in the BIG picture and see specifically everywhere you can support your client
Its been awhile, but I have been using BizPlanBuilder in my own business, and in my capacity as a successful CPA/Consultant, for many years now. It is a terrific product, extremely useful, with output that is well received by lenders and investors. Trying to get my own business to the next level, pursuing growth and acquisitions, immediately thought of you and your products. Can’t wait to receive the updates!”
~ Ernie Neve, CPA, CVA, CTC, CVO of The Neve Group, LTD.
Why you? Why BizPlanBuilder? Why now?
The original strategic business planning software recommended by thousands of bankers, investors, consultants, and successful business owners.
Your organization model, plan and strategy is everything — what you do, how you do it, and how you allocate funds. BizPlanBuilder organizes your ideas, calculates costs, surpluses, and expresses your organization model with clarity. BizPlanBuilder was created by entrepreneurs and business planning experts with years of success and experience. It’s like having your own organizational consulting team at your finger tips!
“I made a deal with a large corporate partner for over a million dollars.
They funded my entire operation to publish 100 of the greatest books on CD ROM.”
~ Steven DeVore, President, InteliQuest, Danville, CA
You’re investing your own money as well as money from friends, family and others — Plus the next 3-5 years of your life…
Go with the wrong business plan software because it was free, cheap or too-good-to-be-true and investors just know — and they’ll toss it in the trash. It’s worth it to do it right. Get the business plan used by more than 2 million entrepreneurs, 160 colleges & universities, 1,200+ consultants, and is responsible for funding countless businesses. It always looks unique and compelling, never cookie-cutter.
Why it works so well for so many…
Rather than having to research, organize, answer questions in a vacuum or write from scratch, we’ve synthesized the best solutions from many sources and provided them as examples for you to customize to fit your business.
There are no blank pages, so there’s no writer’s block. (See the example below under “Compare for Yourself”)
“This is the first program I have seen that begins the process and inspires you to finish!”
~ Robert Taylor, Taylor Sudden Service
With BizPlanBuilder, you’ll…
- Tell your story & articulate your value proposition
- Visualize and communicate the big picture
- Organize and prioritize your ideas into a logical and compelling presentation
- See your business through the eyes of investors & lenders
- Model your business using fully integrated pro-forma financial worksheets
- Prove to investors that you have solid concept and a clear path to success
- Present a clear explanation of your use of funds with milestones
- Introduce your team members (and / or identify needed skillsets)
(Investors bet on the team, not just the jockey.)
- Consider solutions for every part of your business
- Develop a compelling summary plan and donor “pitch deck”
- Learn exactly what to include in your business plan and what to say from the first page to the last. There’s a sequence. You need to follow it.
- Collaborate over a network or the Internet and share the planning process
- Understand your deal and establish a strong footing for negotiating your funding
- Learn from step x step instructions woven throughout — with video tutorials and expert commentary to explain each section and offer best practices
- Includes comprehensive Handbook of Business Planning
- Fluently answer donors’ questions and ease any concerns
- Have a focused, prioritized use of funds (spending plan)
- Maximize your credibility – from first impression onwards
- Have the confidence in your business and yourself to inspire confidence in others
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
This is the one I want.
Top Ten Reviews: BizPlanBuilder!
“…Everyone knows that functionality is important, but all those pretty words and numbers won’t help you when you get up in front of a committee of investors asking how the numbers were derived.
The distinction of BizPlanBuilder over other business plan software is the extensive step-by-step help, the wealth of documentation and business articles to help with strategy and business development, and the range of internal and online help and support.
While other business plan software applications can help users create formatted and professional-looking plans on paper, what BizPlanBuilder does in addition, is help users create an understanding of their business to help sell themselves to investors and bankers.
That is, after all, the whole point of building a business plan, and BizPlanBuilder provides all the tools; the user need only bring passion and desire to see it through.”
The antidote to “500 sample business plans,” the “Business plan in a day”
and the “Free” Business Plans!
…if your project is even slightly more ambitious and you want capital from “smart money,” then BizPlanBuilder is the business planning system for you.
There are many options when it comes to business plan software and templates
A competitor offers a web-based business plan as well as 500 sample plans — actually based upon a bicycle store or a coffee shop(?!?) That may be OK for a very simple business, but if your project is even slightly more ambitious and you want capital from “smart money,” then BizPlanBuilder is the business planning system for you.
Another competitor promises you can write a business plan in just 8 hours(?!?) That’s great marketing hype and very attractive, but designing a respectable business — even with the best business planning software on Earth — will require more time than that before you commit your hard-earned money, the next few years of your life, and your credibility with investors.
And then there’s the free business plan offered by the SBA… (Are government employees good at building businesses?) Good luck. You get what you pay for. 😐
Only BizPlanBuilder incorporates real text intended for you to use
(Much more than just blanks to fill-in or generic copy you have to rewrite.)
No other online/software planning system has the praise given to BizPlanBuilder for overall ease of use, quality and sheer success of its users.
Compare for Yourself — Here’s one example of why BizPlanBuilder is better!
Here’s a sample of what you get from the SBA, some banks, crowd funding sites, and others who offer FREE business plan templates:
What we’ve done is HARD,
but that’s what makes it easy for you!
Click on it to open this actual page ⇒
from BizPlanBuilder and
you’ll see what we mean!
“God is in the details!”
All of our apps include this quality of content.
You cannot BS your way through these projects!
Do so at your peril! They’re being read by real people with a real interest in your business, not a teacher’s assistant in a hurry to meet friends for a beer!
All JIAN’s apps & templates are built with pre-scripted text intended for you to edit and actually use. No blank pages, no writer’s block. And you’ll learn a lot in the process, but customize them for your specific business needs.
Reality requires more rigor
It takes a lot to build a successful business. JIAN’s tools make it easy to implement your key foundation building-blocks because we’ve already done the heavy-lifting: the research, the content, financial models and worksheet calculators, the presentation decks…
We care and it shows in our products.
“Your software produces plans that are equivalent to some of the best plans I’ve seen. I have tried using another software, Palo Alto Software (Business Plan Pro / Live Plan), but was not anywhere near as satisfied with the results.”
~ Dr. J Goetzow, San Francisco, CA
I’ve used a similar template from the SBA, but theirs gives the user about the same level of instructional detail as assembling Ikea Furniture – vague and unhelpful haha. Jian is very straight-forward and easy to use so far!
– Josh Chouinard, Team Lead, The Chill Group, Portland, OR
True Story: Raise capital to buy jets or just find jets?
This concept applies to Non-Profits as well!
“Reduce your plan to writing. The moment you complete this, you will have definitely given concrete form to the intangible desire.”
~ Napoleon Hill, 1883-1970, Think & Grow Rich
How this user inspired a nice man to give him 2 LearJets…
so he could start a jet charter business!
Some time back, Darrin Perdue had three partners, with ten years combined flying experience, and a vision for a jet charter company. His plan was to first raise money and then buy a jet. The first investor laughed him out of his office. Then, while pursuing other investors, Darrin remembered that he knew a gentleman who owned two LearJets. Darrin used his business plan to convince the jet owner to let Darrin’s company (GoodJets, Hayward, CA) manage his planes. The company took off!
While he didn’t have the money to buy jets, Darrin used BizPlanBuilder to map out his goals, costs, his team, his target market, and how he planned to scale the business. If you had 2 LearJets, what would you want to know? Darrin had it.
Today, Darrin’s company has 12+ pilots, with access to 50+ airplanes(!) and is on call 24 hours a day – providing jet charter services to executives, celebrities and medical transplant teams throughout the world.
Darrin originally thought he needed money to buy airplanes, until he remembered that his goal was jets. Why buy airplanes when there are so many around? There are many ways to get what you need to build your business — it doesn’t always take lots of money. Look around… Who has what you need?
The business plan software template for friends, family & crowdfunding
Show them exactly
how you’ve thoroughly
thought through your
“The good news is that they know you…
The bad news is that they know you!”
When you ask family and friends for money, the first hurdle you must overcome is your reputation and all your past sins. You must convince them why your product or service is needed, why now, and why from you. Your new business plan must demonstrate to your friends and relatives the current you and prove that you are responsible with their cash. Your past was full of rich learning experiences from which you will now earn yourself and others a fortune.
To pitch your friends, family, donors and others on your idea…
What do you show them? What do you leave behind for them to read? BizPlanBuilder simplifies the process of writing your business plan and gives you expert advice, tips, and hints based on proven business practices. It’s the fastest and easiest way of turning your ideas into a winning plan and a successful business.
Crowdfunders want to see your plan!
No matter how big or small their donation, your business plan will give you an advantage and help you sell your concept when uploaded to crowd-funding sites
Menu-driven from opening to printing, BizPlanBuilder’s organized system gives you sample plans, integrated financial projections, compelling investor presentation templates and more.
BizPlanBuilder provides entrepreneurs and business owners with the most sophisticated business plan software available to organize their ideas, calculate their projections, and express their vision with clarity.
“BizPlanBuilder really shines.
Quite simply, it’s the best way that I know to create a business plan that will get you the investors that you need to be successful.”
~ Brian Underdahl, Author, Small Business Computing for Dummies
“BizPlanBuilder employs a refreshing combination of the philosopher and expert mentor approach.”
~ Gerald Herter, CPA, MBA, Accounting Technology
BizPlanBuilder includes proven financial models to help you budget & forecast costs, profits, cashflow, valuation and your investment deal
Whether you’re writing a formal business plan for investors or developing a meaningful forecast for your business, BizPlanBuilder incorporates a full set of business financial models.
They are completely configured, fully integrated and tastefully formatted. There’s no need to be a spreadsheet or financial expert. We created “Assumptions” pages to make it easy for you to enter, update and experiment with your business model. All formulas have been developed and independently tested by qualified and practicing business consultants who hold valid CPA certifications.
BizPlanBuilder’s financial models are completely integrated and show all of the math
Enter your sales, expense, growth and other assumptions, and let BizPlan- Builder do the calculations. Show how believable numbers can add up — unlike other financial models (Input=> BLACK BOX => Output), here you’ll see the math, and be able to explain “how you got there” in a clear and logical manner.
Easily see “what-if” when you change scenarios
BizPlanBuilder automatically calculates totals, percentages and ratios to show at a glance how much money you’ll need, when you’ll need it, and how soon you’ll make a profit. It’s easy to update too — If you change a number, the worksheets automatically recalculate for you. Now you can easily produce investment-grade financial statements ready for angels, venture capitalists and any bank.
- Quick-fill assumptions pages enable easy top-down or bottom-up forecasting.
- Project sales by product/line/marketing channel – including seasonal & mix adjustment.
- Worksheets calculate figures & create impressive tables to support your plan.
- Customizable HR planning pages help you plan staffing, payroll and space requirements.
- One-click access to answers, market stats, resources
- 34 ratios defined & measured with free access to BizStats to compare
- Sensitivity Analysis – Unique 1-page “What-if…” best/worst case scenario worksheet)
- Business Valuation – 3 common models + the average of all 3; calculates ROI & stock give-up
- Capitalization Table – Helps you plan stock allocation thru 4 rounds of financing + IPO/Sale
- Investor “deal” analysis – How much will investors make; How much will you make?
“We’ve been using your financial model for financial analysis, partnering, M&A, and VC analysis here in Silicon Valley and in Europe. I have used a few other programs like MoneySoft that cost $1500+ and yours are better, more accurate and more detailed. I can trust the integrity of the BizPlanBuilder financial models.”
~ Geir Ilstad, Prudent Management, Los Altos, CA
Expert comments throughout give step-by-step direction
1-5 minute video tutorials accompany every section — Coaching you on what investor and lenders are looking for in your business plan.
Throughout every section, we’ve inserted expert advice, comments and suggestions to explain what to do and why, and help you side-step mistakes.
The next best thing to having us do the work for you is to have an expert sitting next to you as you write your business plan. Here’s an example from the online version showing the tabs.
We include lists, links, samples, ideas, anecdotes and lessons others have paid for dearly. Sometimes it’s a bit irreverent, but you need to understand it like it is. We explain issues and give clear, sensible advice in a step-by-step format. (Only you will see them — they don’t print.) The financial models in BizPlanBuilder also include roll-over help on all key number-entry cells so you’ll know what to do.
“Very easy to learn and use. I’ve seen no other business plan package that comes close to what this one can do. Overall Rating: A+”
~ Joe Miller, Editor’s Choice Magazine
Includes the all-important investor presentation template
Give the business plan pitch that wins the deal!
Present a compelling story to investors and lenders. “Pitch” your deal with our proven PowerPoint® / Keynote® investor presentation template — (We also recommend the book: Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff)
“I first learned of Jian’s BizPlan builder capabilities while attending business school in San Francisco, CA over 12 years ago. Since then, I have used this software to develop and update my business plans for businesses I started and ran, and successfully secured $500k in funding twice during this time.
Funders appreciated the level of detail in the write up of the plan, plus the correctness and detail of the financial pro-forma presented to them – it provided them with a tangible proof of my entrepreneurial capacity and success potential. They supported this belief by funding me. That is what happens when you wisely utilize the right tool to get the job done.
These plans were created easily using the Jian business plan software. All of these plans were created in a matter of a few days! What a huge time saver!
Today, I am a successful business consultant. I recommend Jian business plan software to my clients in need to develop and update their business road map!
You guys ROCK!”
~ Claudia Cody, Cody Consulting
The business plan software template even for an enterprise-sized non-profit!
What you need to manage the politics of a non-profit
“I definitely think BizPlanBuilder helped me, and it drove HP’s manufacturing focus for several years.”
~ Greg Jacobus, former Manager of Education & Strategy, Hewlett-Packard
Even big companies use BizPlanBuilder because they want good ideas to get past the politics and be implemented profitably.
BizPlanBuilder works for any size or type of not-for profit organization.
8 questions to ask before investing business plan software
- Do they show real success stories or testimonials for businesses or projects similar to or as big as yours?
- Do they offer more than just the business plan template? For example, providing supporting documents and worksheets to help you manage funding?
- Is the actual text content designed to be used for real or is it just a placeholder that you have to rewrite anyway?
- Do they offer an integrated financial model that’s easy to understand and equally easy to follow for an investor or lender?
- Is it a system of inquisition, when they ask you hundreds of questions and the black box writes it for you…Or can you preview professionally scripted sentences in context with your plan that you can simply edit or fill-in the variables?
- Can you customize the financial model to fit your business exactly? All investors and lenders are familiar with Excel – Does the model step them through the logic of your financing?
- Do they include a comprehensive and proven PowerPoint presentation template, enabling you to easily develop the perfect pitch to investors?
- Does the same financing plan plan lend itself to executing your priorities, as well as serving as an ongoing operating plan?
Advantages – BizPlanBuilder
Everything you need to plan, develop and produce a comprehensive business plan, financial model, and investor presentation for your company is right here:
- Easy – No new programs to learn
- Fast – Sample plans are already written & integrated
- Comprehensive – The most content, resources & support
- Proven – More true success stories than any other
- Refined – This is version 2015, refined more than any other
- Reliable – Input from practicing experts in every field
- Better! – Ask anyone who has compared!
- Flexible – Financial models are customizable in Excel
- Videos Explanations – Introduce each section
- Web Links – Articles, FAQs, Resources, Expert Network
- Guaranteed – 60-Days or Your Money-Back
BizPlanBuilder includes these bonuses!
There’s a more to raising capital than a business plan.
Here are a few more tools. (Included with both versions of BizPlanBuilder®)
- Includes comprehensive Handbook of Business Planning
- Bonus #1: VIDEO: The Thinking Behind Your Business Plan
Bonus #2: ebook: 65 Ways to Fund Your Business
- Bonus #3: 45 useful letter templates, worksheets, calculators for adapting your business plan to multiple purposes
“I like the flexibility of the documents. What I did was blend pieces of yours with a previous business plan, an initial plan done by my big-shot business friend, a marketing plan I had done for a client, plus about three other documents. I used the financials completely. This allowed me to whip together a REALLY good document very quickly and easily.”
– Michael Linehan, President, Marketing Alchemy, Sooke, BC
60-Day Get-the-Job-Done Right! Guarantee
You’re Protected by Our 60-Day All Your Money Back Guarantee!
We’re here to support your success in every way possible. What’s most important is to get your project done. And done right.
We’re so sure that our business planning and management software templates will help you succeed, we offer an extended 60-day get-started period to assure your satisfaction.
Test-drive any software app, template, or subscription for 60 days, and if you aren’t blown away with the depth and breadth, just give us a call or send us an email and we’ll credit your account so fast it’ll make your head spin!
Thank you for choosing JIAN!
Creator & CEO
I’ve used BizPlanBuilder myself to raise capital from my parents, friends, family members, an $225,000 SBA loan, $750,000 line of credit from Citibank, and other investments from angels and institutional investors — every time we learned something and built that knowledge into the system!
What happens to my projects if I cancel my subscription?
No worries. You can easily take your plan with you if you go. Remember to export your plans, handbooks and contracts to Microsoft Word before you log-out for the last time. We’ll miss you, but if you gotta go, you gotta go. We get it.
Historically, our “return rate” averages 2.7%. Even that is unacceptable so we keep making it better. The upside is that you have better than a 97.3% probability that you’ll happily continue on!
Got Questions? Give us a call! 1-800-346-5426