The latest OSHA Alerts and posters provide recommended practices for:
- New guidance provides compliance assistance for frequently cited standards related to COVID-19 inspections.
- New respiratory protection guidance was issued for long-term care facilities during the coronavirus pandemic.
- in-home repair services, restaurants resuming dine-in service, and cleaning staff.
- Posters on processing and packaging safety for meat and seafood are now available in additional languages.
- OSHA’s Guidance on Returning to Work assists businesses reopening and employees returning to work.
What COVID-19 training resources are available for employers?
COVID-19 related training resources for all workers and employers are available in addition to training specific to healthcare professionals.
OSHA’s COVID-19 Safety and Health Topics page provides more information.
Will an N95 respirator protect the wearer from the virus that causes COVID-19?
Yes. “N95” refers to a class of respirator filter that removes at least 95% of very small (0.3 micron) particles from the air. Some people have mistakenly claimed that since the virus that causes COVID-19 is approximately 0.1 microns in size, wearing an N95 respirator will not protect against such a small virus.
When an infected person expels the virus into the air by activities like talking, coughing, or sneezing, the airborne particles are composed of more than just the virus. The virus is part of larger particles that are made up of water and other materials such as mucus. These larger particles are easily trapped and filtered out by N95 respirators because they are too big to pass through the filter.
Holiday Workplace Safety
- As the holiday shopping season approaches, train workers on job hazards and establish safe work practices to prevent exposure to the coronavirus.
Make sure you are properly protected from cold stress and other winter weather hazards.
- In-Home Repair Services (Spanish).
- Restaurants Resuming Dine-In Service (Spanish).
- Food Truck Workers (Spanish).
- Hair and Nail Salon Workers (Spanish).
- Retail Pharmacies (Spanish).
- Rideshare, Taxi, and Car Service Workers (Spanish).
- Restaurants & Beverage Vendors Offering Takeout or Curbside Pickup (Spanish).
- Package Delivery Workforce (Spanish).
- Retail Workers (Spanish).
- Steps to Protect Cleaning Staff During COVID-19 (Spanish).
- Steps to Protect Automotive Service Workers from Exposure to Coronavirus (Spanish).
Business under control? Policies and procedures in place?
Your secret weapons to organize, systematize, and run your company