Funding your business – Priorities to prepare for investors
Greg Writer, founder and CEO of the Angel Network. Greg has over 31 years experience in corporate finance, capital formation.
At 21, he was the youngest owner / operator of a full service investment banking firm in the history of the US — directly involved in over $100 million in financings, IPO’s and acquisitions for early stage companies.
In this interview we discuss how he responds to entrepreneurs, business plans and investor presentations — how entrepreneurs demonstrate commitment to their business (“I’m committed…” isn’t enough!)
- What he sees as the priorities for financing a business these days
- What are the first 3 things you want to know about a business?
- What is it about the entrepreneur him/herself that is important?
- How do I grab your interest with my “elevator” pitch?
- What do you look for in a business plan?
- What kind of returns can I/should I provide/offer an investors?
- What type of investors do I need or should I look for?
- Where can I find investors?
- Valuation what is and what is an easy way to understand how investors look at this.
- What is the most common mistake Entrepreneur makes, that is like shooting themselves in the head with potential check writers. Real deal killers!
- Biggest causes of failure and what to do about them.
- What are we missing success-wise, that we should be including?
- Click here to learn more about Greg Writer
Learn more about BizPlanBuilder business plan software & templates
Write a professional business plan for your project quickly and efficiently. Organized system of sample business plan templates in Microsoft® Word, flexible Excel financial models, PowerPoint presentation template — can be downloaded as a Windows app or you can subscribe online. It’s the fastest and easiest way of turning your ideas into a investment-grade business plan and a successful business. Proven with banks, SBA, angel investors, and venture capitalists worldwide. 25+ years refinement. Professionally formatted. Windows / Macintosh.
– Subscribe to BizPlanBuilder cloud-based business plan online
– Download the BizPlanBuilder Windows app business plan software & templates
Be featured on the Business Black Belt radio show!
How would you like to be a featured guest speaker on our radio show? The show will feature you and your business. You’ll be able to share the interview with all your current and future clients and a copy of the interview will be sent to you so that you can upload to your website, blog, citation sites and more.
We’d love to hear your business successes and challenges and share them with our listeners. Just follow this link and tell us a few things about your story. You may also be chosen to be featured in our new book too and add even more marketing horsepower to your business.
Go here to tell us…