When you’re writing your business plan, you want to make sure to highlight what sets you apart from other businesses. A good way to do this was put forward by Scott Miller, co-founder of Core Strategy Group, small business coach and co-author of the books ‘The Underdog Advantage’ and ‘Building Brandwidth.’ When writing your plan, make sure you provide answers to these key components at some point…
- For [target customers]
- Who have [compelling reason to buy]
- Our product is a [product category]
- That provides [key benefit which solves a problem]
- Unlike [competitor in your product category]
- We have [key point of differentiation]
So, putting this model into practice for the Online BizPlanBuilder, we get…
- For:… all business people.
- Who Have:… a need for resources to help start or grow their business(es).
- Our Product Is:… an easy-to-use, template based business planning software.
- That Provides:… everything you need to build a great business plan in a secure, easy to access, online environment.
- Unlike:… other business plan builders that are more expensive, less intuitive or installed on ONLY your computer.
- We Have:… a proven system and templates that have been used successfully in the past to acquire SBA loans coupled with a financial wizard and expert video help at every section.
Answering these questions will tell you more about your product and your opportunity. So, what makes your business so special?