State Laws and Regulations Regarding Marijuana Testing
It’s vital for employers to stay up to date with evolving cannabis and employment laws to avoid potential discrimination lawsuits.
There is no federal law that prevents marijuana drug testing, and many states leave the decision up to the individual employer.
The National Conference of State Legislatures brings you up-to-date information for enacted state cannabis legislation in the 50 states, District of Columbia and territories.
You can search for enacted legislation starting in 2022 by state, topic, keyword, year and primary sponsor using the database below.
Cannabis topics included in this database include medical programs, nonmedical adult use programs, hemp/CBD, justice-related issues, business licensing, local control, public health and research, product regulations, tax and revenue allocations or other keywords. Comprehensive measures may be marked with more than one topic.
Bill information in the database is updated at least twice a month. New measures are added as identified by NCSL staff.
The National Cannabis Industry Association is an American non-profit organization based in the District of Columbia, with an additional office in Denver, Colorado. NCIA is the largest cannabis trade association in the U.S. and the only organization representing state-sanctioned cannabis-related businesses at the federal level.
Comprehensive, Mindful, and 100% Customizable Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook Template
Forms the Foundation for a Conscious Company Culture as Well as a Powerful Deterrent Against Legal Actions…
Advancements over 30 years by HR experts, attorneys and entrepreneurial managers guarantee a positive and conscious company culture for maximum productivity.
Employee Manual Builder includes everything you need to plan, develop and implement your employee policies and produce a comprehensive employee policy manual:
- 200+ comprehensive sample employee policies and procedures
- Includes 60+ supplemental forms, plus access to FREE State & Federal posters
- Windows and/or Macintosh
- BONUS: Includes 700+ JOB DESCRIPTION templates
- Addresses the toughest standards of every state (including CA & HI)
- Easily edit or reformat to your requirements — Exportable to Microsoft® Word
- Step x step instructions explain each section and offer best practices
- Includes comprehensive Handbook of Employee Policies & Procedures Guide
- Includes Ongoing Updates — Renews Annually
Add Unlimited Additional Users for Just $1 Each / Mo
Makes it Easier to Keep Your People Up-to-Date