What are you going to do if an employee reports you or when an OSHA inspector shows up looking for safety infractions?
Here’s your OSHA Injury and Illness Prevention (IIPP) – Safety Training Handbook
Done-for-you in an easily customizable software template that you can implement in minutes
OSHA may think they can squeeze a juicy fine out of you…
Until they read your safety plan!
In the time it takes for an OSHA inspector to walk in your front door for a “courtesy visit” — actually looking for your company’s safety plan, you can have it printing before s/he fines you upwards of $7,000 for not having one!
It may seem the “clear and present danger” is OSHA, but it really is necessary to create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment. By protecting your people, you protect valuable company assets, as well as prevent production downtime and the costs of lost-time hours.
Here’s what you and your people need to know and do — All in a nice handbook.
And it will keep OSHA out of your pocket!
The risk of getting a visit from OSHA is more likely than ever with increased enforcement actions. This informative software system will prepare you and your managers for an OSHA inspection, minimizing legal risks, headaches and, of course, injuries.
Over the last year OSHA has been rolling out several rule changes to update and tighten policies, showing its commitment to a more aggressive enforcement agenda. Don’t get caught unprepared, use Safety Plan Builder Illness & Injury prevention plan software to prepare your workplace for an OSHA Inspection.
“Using Safety Plan Builder can save a company thousands or even millions of dollars in reduced or avoided legal judgments. Believe me when I say that plaintiff attorneys just don’t want to come up against this type of written plan!”
~ Mark Thierman, Labor Law Attorney, San Francisco, CA
Writes a safety plan and training handbook fast!
Safety Plan Builder software helps you publish a custom illness and injury prevention manual to quickly and easily comply with OSHA
(California SB-198 too), avoid lawsuits, train your employees, and provide a safe workplace.
If you haven’t created your company’s safety program or you have been tasked with writing a safety plan, Safety Plan Builder is the place to start.
Menu-driven from start to finish, its organized system gives you a comprehensive Injury & Illness Prevention Plan manual that has been thoroughly proven. There are no new programs to learn — just click and edit.
- For Business Owners, Office Managers, HR Consultants, Safety Officers
- Click on 161 safe work practice categories
- Over 250 pre-written templates of industry-specific Safe Work Practices
- Check the boxes for each section you want to include in your final printed document
- Scroll through each section and edit for an exact fit to your business
- Customize with your own logo & images
- Insert your own content or create new sections
- Drag & drop sections to change the order
- Experts’ comments throughout each section guide you every step of the way, explaining issues and offering suggestions
- Cloud-based collaboration
- Share your plan online with consultants, partners and employees
- Export to Word or share on your website
“We’ve had Safety Plan Builder in the past and it’s a great product. It really saves time and money by providing all the research that you would have to do on your own and puts it into the correct format that OSHA understands and accepts. We highly recommend this product to anyone who needs to establish a Safety Plan for their business.”
~ Bruce Whitten, Fred’s Crane Service
Access Safety Plan Builder and comply with OSHA
Image copyrighted by Business Power Tools
The federal Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) sets a national minimum standard for safety, but allows local jurisdictions to adopt standards which are at least as stringent. Under common law, as an employer, you are obligated to provide your employees with a safe place to work.
OSHA’s “General Duty Clause” states…
“Each employer shall furnish to each of his employees employment and place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees.”
OSHA defines “recognized hazards” in its recently revised Field Operations Manual (FOM) for inspectors, and lists three ways in which a hazard qualifies as recognized:
- Employer recognition: This can be established by evidence of actual employer knowledge of a hazardous condition
- Industry recognition: A hazard is recognized if the employer’s industry is aware of its existence
- Common sense recognition: The FOM states, “Hazard recognition can still be established if a hazardous condition is so obvious that any reasonable person would have recognized it.”
As a business person, you must provide customers, vendors and other people who visit your company site with safe passage. As an owner or occupant of any property, you must maintain it in a condition safe for everyone who comes onto your property.
Besides obviously making everything right, what proof do you have that you are interested in safety and have done something about having a safe workplace? A written safety handbook can be your best defense against lawsuits…
“Well done! …I would emphasize the speed and anyone-can-do-it nature of the program. I think it’s a great product and I think it is a great step forward in our ability to provide safe and healthful places of employment.”
~ Jack Wright, Certified Safety Professional, Chattanooga, TN
OUCH!!! Did you know that…
A simple lock-out block-out device could have saved the lives of two men who were cleaning a tire manufacturing machine at the Bridgestone Tire & Rubber Company in Akron, Ohio. The lock-out is placed on the On/Off switch to prevent anyone from accidentally starting the machine. The block-out device is like a steel bar wedged in the gears that prevents the machine from moving. Apparently the men used neither device and were unaware of the hazard.
The director of OSHA personally delivered a $7.4 million penalty against Bridgestone!
A $150 investment in SafetyPlanBuilder and a few minutes’ work to create a written company safety manual might have prevented this tragic accident and saved Bridgestone millions! It can for you. Comply with OSHA workplace regulations with ease!
More safety horror stories
- Manufacturer’s $2.4M OSHA fine just the tip of the iceberg
- Construction firm ordered to pay $250K in fatal fall case
- Stone products manufacturer faces $87,516 in penalties following a worker fatality.
- Company fined $280,874 for overexposing workers to toxic fumes.
- Former framing company owner sentenced to jail for willfully violating fall protection standards.
“I have been using your “Safety Plan Builder” for about 15 years. It is so adaptable and the best part is that when a customer requests a copy of my company safety plan, its ‘just a click away’!”
~ Joe Palmeri, Palmeri Electric
See it in action and review a copy of the entire handbook
Read a copy of the master templateClick to Preview the Actual Safety Plan Online
Click “Login” (upper-right) to create a Guest Account that gives you full access to the dashboard
Notice the first few pages:
- Introductory memo (can easily be copied into an email) to employees.
- Receipt & Acknowledgment of your written Safety Manual
This letter + your safety plan goes a long way toward discouraging a plaintiff’s lawyer
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- General Code of Safe Work Practices
- Responsible Safety Officer
- Employee Health Services
- Safety Training
“I feel that the safety plan is very comprehensive and will be a great template for us to use to tailor our company’s safety plan. Along with our HR Manager, we both read the plan and concur that we will definitely use this template as it covers all aspects of our company and safety issues that we deal with daily. I would recommend this plan to any company looking to establish a Safety Plan, whether it be a new company, or an existing company wanting to revise their current plan.”
~ John Crawford, Director of Facilities, AM Management
Be safety compliant in all 50 states
And save money on Workers Comp, Liability insurance…?!? Ask your Agent
It’s a tangled mess of complicated laws, but Safety Plan Builder sorts it all out for you. When laws differ, Safety Plan Builder takes the highest legal standard and builds it into your plan — to offer you and your employees maximum protection. The result?
- A comprehensive, industry and state-specific safety plan that complies with all applicable OSHA and state laws
- The customized safety manual can be a tool for self-auditing your facility
- Identifying each safety hazard and potential safety problem in your work environment
- Once identified, the manual provides clear and concise language for dealing with the problem
- Just having a written safety plan usually reduces the fines to one-tenth of the average
Don’t think you’re safe if your business is office-based rather than industrial. You’re still required to comply with OSHA, and you’re still vulnerable to lawsuits! A written safety manual is important.
Talk to Your Insurance Agent
You may be able to save up to 15% on workers comp and Employer Liability Insurance (EPLI) and other insurance policies. Safety Plan Builder can more than pay for itself.
In addition to the legal protection, a written safety plan can boost morale, preserve the health and productivity of your employees, and help create a positive atmosphere in your workplace. With Safety Plan Builder, everybody wins.Insurance Agent? Click here…
“I would recommend this program to anyone in the trades. It’s an excellent safety program that covers all the bases.”
~ James Stashluk, Owner, Stashluk Mechanical Contractors, Pittstown, NJ
161 Safe Work Practice categories covered
Simply check the boxes for the ones you need
Menu-driven from start to finish, Safety Plan Builder’s organized system gives you a comprehensive Injury & Illness Prevention manual that has been thoroughly proven. No new programs to learn! Just click and customize.
Employee Compliance Safety Posters
Responsible Safety Officer
- Industrial Hygiene
- Safety Practices
- Safety Equipment & Clothing
- Employee Medical Service
- Building Emergency Plan
- Emergency Action Plan
- Emergency Procedures
- Hazard Identification
- Hazard Warnings
- Accident Investigation
Safe Work Practices
- First Aid Kits
- Heat Illness Prevention
- Lock-out / Block-out Procedures
- Abrasive Wheel Equipment (Grinders)
- Compressed Air
- Abrasive Blasting Operations
- [Paint] Spraying Operations
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Equipment Rooms & Construction Areas
- Lighting & Exit
- Confined Spaces Permits Requirements
- Medical Waste Disposal
- Airborne Contaminants
- Working with Infectious Agents
- Practices & Controls
- Chlorinated Hydrocarbons
- Flammable Liquids
- Fluorocarbon Solvents
- Oxygen Pumping in Vacuum Systems
- Peroxidizable Compounds
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Hazardous Chemical Exposure
- Safety Equipment, Storage & Emergencies
- Disposal of Chemicals
- Safety Practices
Building Management & Construction
- Pre-Job Conferences
- Stop Work Orders
- Powder Actuated Tools
- Accidents On Site
- Demolishing Buildings
- Window Cleaning
- Working With Energized Equipment
- Type of Hazards
- Chain of Command
- Safety Practices
- Danger with Large Capacitors
- Danger with Large Magnets
- Radiation Hazards
- Lock-Out / Tag-Out Procedures
- Storage Batteries
- Hydrogen, Oxygen…
- Compressed Gases
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Electrical Tag Out
- Lifting Fixtures
- Quality Control
- Air Gap Separation
Traffic & Transportation
- Transporting Employees & Materials
- Grain Handling Facility
- Training & Practices
- Warning Notices
- Temporary Labor Camp
- Water & Food
- Pressure Testing
Explosives – Handling & Storage
- Explosives Transportation
- Use of Explosives
- Equipment Operation
- Falling & Bucking
- Skidding & Hauling
- Logging Machines
- Yarding Requirements
- Safe Work Procedures
- Helicopter Operations
Oil & Gas Wells
- Operational Specifics
- General Drilling Rules
- Emergency Equipment
Pulp & Paper Mills
- Handling Pulp Chips
- Bleach Plant
- Pulp Handling
- Paper Machines
Sawmills & Woodworking
- Mechanical Barkers
- Head Rigs & Feed Works
- Miscellaneous Wood-Working
- Veneer & Plywood Plants
- Shake & Shingle Machinery
- Saw Filing & Grinding
Steel & Hot Metal Handling
“I have used the Business Power Tools’ Safety Plan system for many years in my classroom. Teaching an introductory unit on occupational health at the undergraduate level, I have found it to be a great teaching tool. Students can see and do what it takes to create a well-organized, comprehensive, tailored safety plan ‘in the real world’.”
~ Carol Cox, Professor, Truman State University
Publish your complete safety plan in a few minutes
All elements of your safety plan are pre-written for you
Thanks to its huge database, SafetyPlanBuilder easily manages more than 250 pre-written pages of industry-specific Safe Work Practices. Easy-to-use menus help you select the paragraphs appropriate to your for your business or industry and state. And you can easily customize it for use as a handy training manual for your employees. Within minutes, SafetyPlanBuilder automatically assembles a complete document:
If publishing a safety plan is on your to-do list, you can get it done and in place quickly. Time it… about 20 minutes from start to finish!
- Select your [[Industry]]…
- Pull-down from the NAICS listing to auto-fill your industry throughout.
- [[Select your State]]
- Next, [[Enter your Company variables]]
- Company Name
- Safety Officer
- Where Safety Notices are posted
- Where SDSs are kept
- Where Emergency Phone Numbers are listed
- Where Eyewash is kept
- Save & Print!
(Best Practice: Give employees online / read-only access, only $1 each/mo. )
“The download was flawless. I used this product several years ago at another company. When I needed to make a safety plan for at my new company I started searching the web for this product. I took less than 1/2 hour to make the plan and get it out to the field. Thanks.”
~ Greg Moss, Director of Construction, GenCap Construction
Cloud-Based App & Templates — Works for BOTH PCs & Macs!
Includes Ongoing Updates — Renews Annually
Add unlimited additional team & advisors to your
initial subscription for just $1 / mo each!
Enhanced 128-bit Cyber Security — You control access, user by user!
Give your team & consultants access to collaborate or just read-only
Money-Saving Subscription Offer: $47 / mo
HR and Management Policies and Procedures Subscription Package!
Safety Plan Builder, PLUS Employee Manual Builder, HR File Builder, all of our Management Tools, Operating Procedures,
and Safety Training in this Economical Subscription Package Deal
Includes ALL of our HR Management Apps and Templates
So you can grow your business without drama!
Everything you need to manage HR for your company is right here.
When you subscribe to this Human Resource management platform, you’ll create or upgrade your entire HR department overnight!