Update Your Sales Proposals
I see a sales proposals all the time. Recently, a friend who is a painting contractor in Southern California contacted me with a request for help in winning a deal — She’s got a great business, a keen eye for color and the skills to make any home or business attractive, but this one prospective customer seemed to be a bit of a “cheap-skate” (my words) and wasn’t really appreciating the quality she was bringing to his shopping center make-over project. The kind of rehab that would easily pay for itself in renewed rents, etc.! Anyway, I took one look at her proposal and immediately suggested these ideas:
1) Take the “.00” out of your numbers!
(Unless you are quoting a quantity of small items where pennies count.)
You may even want to leave out the comma.
Otherwise, your prices look like more than they are!
For example: At first glance (the “blink” factor ~ Malcom Gladwell), which number initially seems lower?
$6450 or $6,450.00?
2) Next, remember to summarize the benefits your customers get first!
Reiterate what they told you were their top priorities. For example:
- Beautify shopping center to attract more shoppers and tenants
- Justify increase in leases
- Refresh paint to coordinate with new landscaping
Remind them why they are “investing” (vs “cost”) in this project.
This goes a long to demonstrate that you are the one who ‘gets it.’
She got the deal.
Consider all aspects of your marketing before spending money!
Picks up where BizPlanBuilder leaves off… Marketing Builder provides everything to refine your marketing strategy, prioritize projects to save cash, win customers, and build profits. It manages a collection of business marketing plan templates that you can edit using Word.
Step-by-step instructions, samples, and 80+ templates help you get the best results from your marketing investment.
Includes 33 customizable decision support calculators in Excel® to analyze options, substantiate promotions and measure results.
Marketing Builder Strategic Marketing Plan Software
- Easily create and measure your marketing programs and projects.
- 80+ proven marketing planning templates easily edited using Word
- 30+ Excel templates for planning, analysis & measurement
- Handbook of Business Marketing user manual PDF